~Someone else's rice cake always looks bigger~ Korean Proverb
I went to my first roller derby on Saturday night at Roy Wilkins Auditorium and had a good time watching the burly chicks check each other. I remember roller skating at Cheap Skate in Coon Rapids as a kid, however, it would have been way more fun if we could have checked while rocking out to Def Leppard. I slept for most of the day yesterday. I was actually a little bummed to miss church, but I was feeling a little sick and depressed. At about 7:30 last night, I finally started coming around. I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen to feel somewhat productive. I talked to my sister this morning and she lifted my spirits. I love her and my bro-in-law so much. They have my 2 nieces (5 and 7 weeks) and 1 nephew (3). I hope to visit them in a couple weeks before I go back to work.
Another first, I ate at a Korean restaurant today. It is aptly named Korea Restaurant and is located near the University of Minnesota campus. During my appointment with my Korean chiropractor this afternoon, we got on the topic of Korea and I let her know that I had never eaten Korean food. She was in disbelief and invited me to this restaurant for lunch after my appointment. I love spontaneity and food, so I was excited to try something new with someone that had been to Korea multiple times. I walked in and there were many Koreans and other Asians eating there which is always a good sign. We ordered about 6 different things from the lunch menu and had a smorgasbord of Korean food to taste. It was a beautiful feast with lots of vegetables, beef, and the loveliest glass-like noodles called jap chae. We had bulgogi, bibimbap and other things that I cannot remember how to pronounce. I used to be afraid of Korean food as dog is a delicacy there, but I am now pleased to know that there are other delicious dishes with wonderful flavors. I practiced using chop sticks again, too, so every day I'm becoming less of an embarrassment to my Korean ancestors.
After lunch, I had my keloid or ugly, puffy scar removed on my back shoulder and got stitches for the first time by my Chinese proctologist/plastic surgeon. Now, I'll have a pretty back for this summer. This Friday, he'll perform my first colonoscopy. Hopefully, I'll have a healthy colon/rectum for this summer as well.
I went to my first roller derby on Saturday night at Roy Wilkins Auditorium and had a good time watching the burly chicks check each other. I remember roller skating at Cheap Skate in Coon Rapids as a kid, however, it would have been way more fun if we could have checked while rocking out to Def Leppard. I slept for most of the day yesterday. I was actually a little bummed to miss church, but I was feeling a little sick and depressed. At about 7:30 last night, I finally started coming around. I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen to feel somewhat productive. I talked to my sister this morning and she lifted my spirits. I love her and my bro-in-law so much. They have my 2 nieces (5 and 7 weeks) and 1 nephew (3). I hope to visit them in a couple weeks before I go back to work.
Another first, I ate at a Korean restaurant today. It is aptly named Korea Restaurant and is located near the University of Minnesota campus. During my appointment with my Korean chiropractor this afternoon, we got on the topic of Korea and I let her know that I had never eaten Korean food. She was in disbelief and invited me to this restaurant for lunch after my appointment. I love spontaneity and food, so I was excited to try something new with someone that had been to Korea multiple times. I walked in and there were many Koreans and other Asians eating there which is always a good sign. We ordered about 6 different things from the lunch menu and had a smorgasbord of Korean food to taste. It was a beautiful feast with lots of vegetables, beef, and the loveliest glass-like noodles called jap chae. We had bulgogi, bibimbap and other things that I cannot remember how to pronounce. I used to be afraid of Korean food as dog is a delicacy there, but I am now pleased to know that there are other delicious dishes with wonderful flavors. I practiced using chop sticks again, too, so every day I'm becoming less of an embarrassment to my Korean ancestors.
After lunch, I had my keloid or ugly, puffy scar removed on my back shoulder and got stitches for the first time by my Chinese proctologist/plastic surgeon. Now, I'll have a pretty back for this summer. This Friday, he'll perform my first colonoscopy. Hopefully, I'll have a healthy colon/rectum for this summer as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment