~Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up~ Jesse Jackson
I arrived at work at around 7:30ish this morning. I don't recall the last time I've seen the office that early in the morning. I got a few hours of sleep as I was filled with nervous excitement. I woke up at 4 and couldn't fall back asleep, so I listened to music to calm myself down and took a bath. It felt a little weird putting on my work clothes and having to tuck in my shirt, but I was excited to wear pants that I haven't been able to squeeze into for a while. I've lost about 30 lbs since September and am now happily managing my weight and stress level by exercising and eating right rather than binging and starving.
I drove to work as I had a personal training session afterwards and then outpatient treatment. I felt unusually calm for a Monday morning as I walked the skyways and entered work. Before I left for rehab, our department had moved to a new area, so I needed to finish unpacking my boxes. I was also looking forward to meeting my new manager who started on our team shortly after I began short term disability. When she arrived today, she stopped by my cube and introduced herself. She gave me a beautiful hot pink Daisy Gerbera Plant and brought in pastries for the team to celebrate my return. It was a very kind gesture and warmed my heart.
I had accidentally cracked my laptop monitor before I left on leave and didn't have time to fix it, so one of my teammates noticed it on my desk and took it upon himself to have it replaced before I came back. It was one of the nicest things that anyone has ever done for me. My teammates and peers were all very sweet in welcoming me back. My manager said that the team really missed me. If anyone was upset about having to take on extra responsibility while I was away, they didn't show it. Everyone was so warm and generous. I spent the day trying to remember passwords, going through emails and organizing my desk. I went to lunch with my good friend and we ate at my favorite sandwich shop that my roomie owns downtown called The Simple Sandwich. It was fun to laugh with people at work again. It was also a blessing to have a clear mind and feel peaceful on my first day back. I'll never forget their kindness.
I arrived at work at around 7:30ish this morning. I don't recall the last time I've seen the office that early in the morning. I got a few hours of sleep as I was filled with nervous excitement. I woke up at 4 and couldn't fall back asleep, so I listened to music to calm myself down and took a bath. It felt a little weird putting on my work clothes and having to tuck in my shirt, but I was excited to wear pants that I haven't been able to squeeze into for a while. I've lost about 30 lbs since September and am now happily managing my weight and stress level by exercising and eating right rather than binging and starving.
I drove to work as I had a personal training session afterwards and then outpatient treatment. I felt unusually calm for a Monday morning as I walked the skyways and entered work. Before I left for rehab, our department had moved to a new area, so I needed to finish unpacking my boxes. I was also looking forward to meeting my new manager who started on our team shortly after I began short term disability. When she arrived today, she stopped by my cube and introduced herself. She gave me a beautiful hot pink Daisy Gerbera Plant and brought in pastries for the team to celebrate my return. It was a very kind gesture and warmed my heart.
I had accidentally cracked my laptop monitor before I left on leave and didn't have time to fix it, so one of my teammates noticed it on my desk and took it upon himself to have it replaced before I came back. It was one of the nicest things that anyone has ever done for me. My teammates and peers were all very sweet in welcoming me back. My manager said that the team really missed me. If anyone was upset about having to take on extra responsibility while I was away, they didn't show it. Everyone was so warm and generous. I spent the day trying to remember passwords, going through emails and organizing my desk. I went to lunch with my good friend and we ate at my favorite sandwich shop that my roomie owns downtown called The Simple Sandwich. It was fun to laugh with people at work again. It was also a blessing to have a clear mind and feel peaceful on my first day back. I'll never forget their kindness.
1 comment:
I'm happy to hear you are back in action and loving it. Miss you a ton, and am moved by your blog.
Post a Comment