~I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people~ Jack Handy
I'm mentally prepping and psyching myself up to start work in about 8 hours. I'm excited and scared. I haven't been to work since a few months ago on November 22. I made it a point to not check work emails as I needed to focus solely on recovering from a disease that nearly killed me. I've spent the night going through reading materials from treatment and reading positive affirmations from inpatient and outpatient peers to try and pump myself up.
During one activity at treatment, we each had a piece of paper and wrote our name on top. We then passed our page around and each person anonymously wrote a positive comment. The point was to help build self-esteem as most of us had little to none going into recovery. I'd like to do this exercise with my nieces and nephews or others someday. After a tough day today for a multitude of reasons, it definitely helped cheer me up to read their comments again. Here's what the gals kindly had to say about me.
I'm mentally prepping and psyching myself up to start work in about 8 hours. I'm excited and scared. I haven't been to work since a few months ago on November 22. I made it a point to not check work emails as I needed to focus solely on recovering from a disease that nearly killed me. I've spent the night going through reading materials from treatment and reading positive affirmations from inpatient and outpatient peers to try and pump myself up.
During one activity at treatment, we each had a piece of paper and wrote our name on top. We then passed our page around and each person anonymously wrote a positive comment. The point was to help build self-esteem as most of us had little to none going into recovery. I'd like to do this exercise with my nieces and nephews or others someday. After a tough day today for a multitude of reasons, it definitely helped cheer me up to read their comments again. Here's what the gals kindly had to say about me.
- Worthy of love and attention.
- I see beauty, wisdom and spiritual gifts.
- A beautiful, caring women who has much to give the world.
- Sparkling, gifted and infinitely valuable.
- Extraordinarily sweet, outgoing, accepting, loving, strong, beautiful. A good advice giver!
- Increasingly open minded and takes opportunities that present themselves in order to better herself.
- Loving, kind, loyal, outgoing, optimistic, caring, positive and wonderful.
- Deserving of happy, healthy, loving relationships.
- Georgous! Killer bod! Amazing heart, a wonderful friend and worthwhile.
- You are beautiful and wise. Your fun to hang out with and you have beautiful eyes!
- Nice smile and you seem to be very open, honest, trusting.
- Very outgoing, pretty face, good attitude.
- Very open, honest, beautiful.
- Introspective, warm, encouraging, sophisticated, talented, sensitive, and important with a voice that needs to be heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment