Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 90: I live at Fort Awesome, it's pretty awesome. (2.12.11)

~Drink is the curse of the land.  It makes you fight with your neighbor.  It makes you shoot at your landlord and it makes you miss him~ Irish Proverb

I rent a room from a slumlord.  It's pretty rad. I get threatened with eviction every day (most recently for dental floss theft).  I count on the rational influence of slumlord's smoking hot girlfriend to keep me in house and home.

He's making us dinner for Valentine's Day. I am really looking forward to it.  It's going to be very romantic.

In other news, I like apples.

That was my slumlord's contribution to my blog as him, his girlfriend and me were catching up on episodes of one of my favorite shows Modern Family last night.  We were kind of like a family all trying to rest and get over our sicknesses.  I return to work on Thursday, so I don't want to call in sick the first day back after a 3 month hiatus.  My roommates have had flu-like symptoms this past week and I've had some aches, so I'm just hanging out at home and resting this weekend.  I did do some self medicating as I made some comforting chocolate chip cookies at midnight.  I have a recipe that I tweaked years ago so the cookies would be puffy and soft.  I use my favorite Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips.  Balance and moderation, right?!  

I went to yoga and also did cardio for a couple hours earlier that day.  There have been different yoga teachers throughout the week.  One referred to us as yogies which I thought was funny.  The yoga teacher yesterday was a cute gal with a cool Eastern European accent.  My body was starting to feel tired after spending about 15 hours at the gym this week.  When I saw that the yoga teacher was preggers, I thought that she would be a little easier on us, but no.  It's a lot of stretching and heavy breathing, so it's not too strenuous.  However, I worked up a sweat doing strength moves that I can't pronounce.  The ones I can pronounce Tree, Airplane, Eagle, Crow are some of my favorite poses as well as the ones where you just lie on your mat and breathe.

I'd like to say hi to readers from the countries listed below.  I think it's pretty cool as I love to travel.  Blogger doesn't give me names or anything, but lets me know where people have logged in to view.  I hope to return to some of these places and travel to new ones, so thanks for helping me build my travel wish list.  I appreciate you following my journey.  You've helped me earn my 90 Day Sobriety Chip with your positive thoughts and well wishes.  Yay!  
  • United States 
  • Canada 
  • United Kingdom 
  • Costa Rica 
  • Germany  
  • Singapore 
  • Thailand 
  • Slovenia 
  • India 
  • Quatar 
  • Sweden 
  • Denmark 
  • Belgium 
  • Indonesia 
  • Spain 
  • Sweden 
  • Argentina




No comments: