Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 114: Demons (3.8.11)

~All writers are vain, selfish and lazy, and at the very bottom of their motives lies a mystery.  Writing a book is a long, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness.  One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand~ George Orwell 

I didn't sleep well last Monday after a tough night in group, so sleepily went to work the next day.  It was the 3rd full week of being back at my job in IT.  I'm relearning some of the tech lingo as I'm not very techy and had forgotten some of it while on leave.  After facilitating a meeting with my beloved tech nerds, I had to write a summary about all the failed backup demons and how these caused major issues.  After sending out the meeting notes and next steps, someone wrote back referring to the daemons.  I could have sworn everyone was blaming the demons.  Daemons; demons.  Tomaytoes; tomahtoes.  The definition of a daemon is a program or process that sits idly in the background until it's invoked to perform its task.  I guess it's kinda like a demon.

One of the fun things about living is dreaming again.  One of my dreams is to write a book and give the money away to people who struggle especially women and girls suffering from this horrendous disease of addiction.  Through this experience, I've learned that there aren't as many resources available to women as there are men.  I don't feel driven by demons to write a book, but I feel God telling me to share my experiences which includes a lot of demons.  Through other people bravely opening up and being honest about their demons in various groups, they gave me the gift of not feeling alone and not feeling ashamed.  I'd like to do the same for others.  Unfortunately, some people in this world aren't as kind and non-judgemental as the people in my groups.  Along with other treatment activities, I've been meeting with my therapist once a week for the past 4 months, so I won't reveal some details of my life in a blog or book until it's time.    

No comments: