~Some people are afraid of what they might find if they try to analyze themselves too much, but you have to crawl into your wounds to discover where your fears are. Once the bleeding starts, the cleansing can begin~ Tori Amos
Just like bleeding cleanses wounds, sweat and tears cleanses my soul. Instead of a couple hours at the bar drinking to suppress feelings of anger and rage, I spend a couple hours at the gym connecting with and releasing these emotions. The sweat cleanses and heals my insides just like tears. In the past, I sometimes lacked motivation to go to the gym, but now I make it a necessity for my health if I want to remain drug-free.
I woke up Saturday to a worsening cold, so I actually listened to my body this time and decided to take it easy. There were a couple days when spring temps interrupted winter, but on that day, it was snowing again. Rather than getting depressed about the long winter, I appreciated the excuse to stay inside and get well. I sweat out some of the sickness at the gym and afterward, wrote, napped and relaxed while enjoying the remaining moments of beautiful falling snow.
Just like bleeding cleanses wounds, sweat and tears cleanses my soul. Instead of a couple hours at the bar drinking to suppress feelings of anger and rage, I spend a couple hours at the gym connecting with and releasing these emotions. The sweat cleanses and heals my insides just like tears. In the past, I sometimes lacked motivation to go to the gym, but now I make it a necessity for my health if I want to remain drug-free.
I woke up Saturday to a worsening cold, so I actually listened to my body this time and decided to take it easy. There were a couple days when spring temps interrupted winter, but on that day, it was snowing again. Rather than getting depressed about the long winter, I appreciated the excuse to stay inside and get well. I sweat out some of the sickness at the gym and afterward, wrote, napped and relaxed while enjoying the remaining moments of beautiful falling snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment