Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 126: Puppy Love (3.20.11)


~I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive~ Gilda Radner 

It was a fun weekend; measurements, Simpson House, roller skating, Bunny's Bar and Grill, personal training, March Madness, coffee shop, writing, church, dog sitting.  Since I signed up for 4 more sessions, the hot trainer offered to do a bonus session which couldn't have come at a better time.  I had been feeling hot and bothered and thanks to Period Tracker, which I upgraded to include more moods and symptoms, it confirmed that I was indeed in my fertile period.  To combat urges, I had been eating more pasta and rice, so I needed the extra workout.  On Sunday after church, I met up with the hot trainer.  I wore my hot pink tank and black fitted knee pants.  He started off by saying, "At the end of this, I'll have you drenched in sweat."  I refrained from saying "that's what all the boys say."  At the end of the workout, I was drenched and dying.  He also strength trains the U of M Football team, so I felt like I had just endured one of their workouts.  He left me with a headache.

Later that afternoon, I participated in a less strenuous activity for friends; dog sitting.  I love dogs, but hate their poop.  Our last family dog passed away more than 10 years ago and I haven't had my own since then because they're like kids.  They take up a lot of time and energy and you have to clean up after them.  I know the benefits and rewards outweigh the negatives for most, but not for me at this point.  I get my kid and animal fix from those belonging to family and friends.  My slumlord has a very generous heart despite being a slumlord and he takes in the occasional strays including people and pets.  It's like a home for wayward creatures such as myself.  One day, during the winter while I was on leave from work, he took care of a friend's dog.  I was excited to be in the presence of an animal because of their energy.  They bring me happiness, positivity and unconditional love.  I took the dog for a walk, but before we left, my slumlord handed me a baggie.  Ugh, I forgot they poop!  Fortunately, I told this dog not to poop and he listened.

On that Sunday, I dog sat for a black, furry rag doll.  I was pooped from my workout and I think he could sense my pain.  He snuggled next to me under my arm and we took a catnap on the couch.  Their cat slept in the room, too, but on her own chair of course.  The weather was dreary and perfect for napping, so we all woke up a little late and I fed them dinner.  I guess we all needed the sleep.  After dinner, we went out for dessert at a coffee shop down the block.  I ordered a hot chocolate and he got a biscuit which they have available for their 4-legged customers.  This dog didn't listen to my no pooping request though.  I picked up excrement for the first time with only the thinnest of plastic separating my skin from grossness.  It was drizzly out and his poop was squishier, so it just added insult to ickiness.  He also did it in someone's yard in front of a busier street, so I couldn't just pretend that it never happened.  I quickly forgave him because of his cuteness and we also share the same hair style.  We continued our walk while I carried dog crap passed a limo and other cars.  True puppy love. 

No comments: