~The best cure for drunkeness is whilst sober, to observe a drunken person~ Chinese Proverb
I experienced this while waiting for my decaf coffee in the McDonald's drive-thru at around bar close time last week. The girl was wasted and stumbling. She was with some guy slurring at him and sloppily touching him. I was mortified and humiliated at the thought that I have looked like that many times over the years. Thank goodness no one taped me during one of my drunken episodes. Although, this may have made me quit sooner. I can't imagine having a viral video like the one of David Hasselhoff eating the burger off the floor, but I'm sure that sobered him up quickly, too. A couple weeks ago, one of my friends said that he planned to tape me the next time I was wasted. He told me that my intelligence doesn't come across when I've had too much to drink and if the person didn't know me, it wouldn't be attractive or a fair represenatation. I'm glad that I decided to stop before he was able to shoot it.
I'm still going through a mourning period over the loss of drinking, but I'm not going to lie, it was kind of nice to be sober all week, too. I had friends over for dinner tonight and I like that I can remember all the conversations, the jokes and laughter. I didn't mind at all that people were drinking because it's just a choice that I needed to make for myself. Drinking isn't healthy for me, but that doesn't mean that it's unhealthy for everyone else, so drink and be merry! I drank my hot apple cider tonight and was drunk with happiness because I love hanging and feeding my friends.
Here is the Withdrawal Week in Review. I just want to write down the symptoms, so if I ever decide to abuse alcohol or prescription drugs again, this is what I have to look forward to during recovery.
Mild to moderate psychological symptoms:
•Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness
•Feeling of shakiness
•Anxiety
•Irritability or easily excited
•Emotional volatility, rapid emotional changes
•Depression
•Fatigue
•Difficulty with thinking clearly
•Bad dreams
Mild to moderate physical symptoms:
•Headache - general, pulsating
•Sweating, especially the palms of the hands or the face
•Nausea and Vomiting
•Loss of appetite
•Insomnia, sleeping difficulty
•Paleness
•Rapid heart rate (palpitations)
•Eyes, pupils different size (enlarged, dilated pupils)
•Skin, clammy
•Abnormal movements
•Tremor of the hands
•Involuntary, abnormal movements of the eyelids
I experienced this while waiting for my decaf coffee in the McDonald's drive-thru at around bar close time last week. The girl was wasted and stumbling. She was with some guy slurring at him and sloppily touching him. I was mortified and humiliated at the thought that I have looked like that many times over the years. Thank goodness no one taped me during one of my drunken episodes. Although, this may have made me quit sooner. I can't imagine having a viral video like the one of David Hasselhoff eating the burger off the floor, but I'm sure that sobered him up quickly, too. A couple weeks ago, one of my friends said that he planned to tape me the next time I was wasted. He told me that my intelligence doesn't come across when I've had too much to drink and if the person didn't know me, it wouldn't be attractive or a fair represenatation. I'm glad that I decided to stop before he was able to shoot it.
I'm still going through a mourning period over the loss of drinking, but I'm not going to lie, it was kind of nice to be sober all week, too. I had friends over for dinner tonight and I like that I can remember all the conversations, the jokes and laughter. I didn't mind at all that people were drinking because it's just a choice that I needed to make for myself. Drinking isn't healthy for me, but that doesn't mean that it's unhealthy for everyone else, so drink and be merry! I drank my hot apple cider tonight and was drunk with happiness because I love hanging and feeding my friends.
Here is the Withdrawal Week in Review. I just want to write down the symptoms, so if I ever decide to abuse alcohol or prescription drugs again, this is what I have to look forward to during recovery.
Mild to moderate psychological symptoms:
•Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness
•Feeling of shakiness
•Anxiety
•Irritability or easily excited
•Emotional volatility, rapid emotional changes
•Depression
•Fatigue
•Difficulty with thinking clearly
•Bad dreams
Mild to moderate physical symptoms:
•Headache - general, pulsating
•Sweating, especially the palms of the hands or the face
•Nausea and Vomiting
•Loss of appetite
•Insomnia, sleeping difficulty
•Paleness
•Rapid heart rate (palpitations)
•Eyes, pupils different size (enlarged, dilated pupils)
•Skin, clammy
•Abnormal movements
•Tremor of the hands
•Involuntary, abnormal movements of the eyelids
No comments:
Post a Comment