~For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream~ Vincent van Gogh
Life thrives from its unpredictability. Idealism, naivety, and stupidity prevented me from taking this into consideration when I was planning my life at age 12. My "What I Want to do when I Grow-up" list included the normal stuff; high school, college, career, marriage and kids. Of course, it stopped at kids as retirement and grandparenting were for old people. I managed to fulfill the first four milestones, but the journey has not unfolded as initially envisioned in my pre-teen mind. Overall, I've been very blessed, however, life's road has been littered with debris, potholes and the occasional roadkill.
It was fitting to watch "Up in the Air" on New Year's Day. This year brings with it a lot of uncertainty which I'm semi-ok with. For the first time in my life, I'm living on my own; no parents, roommate(s), boyfriend or husband. I recently left a 3BR 2BA house in the 'burbs for a 1BR 1BA apartment in the city. I'm also sans a man for the first time in 13 years; allowing me more time to spend figuring out what I really want to do when I grow up. I have nothing tying me down. Do I stay or sell everything and leave? It's a second chance to fulfill my own dreams.
It was fitting to watch "Up in the Air" on New Year's Day. This year brings with it a lot of uncertainty which I'm semi-ok with. For the first time in my life, I'm living on my own; no parents, roommate(s), boyfriend or husband. I recently left a 3BR 2BA house in the 'burbs for a 1BR 1BA apartment in the city. I'm also sans a man for the first time in 13 years; allowing me more time to spend figuring out what I really want to do when I grow up. I have nothing tying me down. Do I stay or sell everything and leave? It's a second chance to fulfill my own dreams.
3 comments:
You only live once. What is it that fills your dreams?
You write very well C. Keep it coming. You're inspiring me to do the same.
Thanks, Daaave, for being my first follower...HA:)
Hey Mike~ I'm going to spend this year figuring that out:) Thanks for reading!
Post a Comment